Excavators are powerful and versatile machines used in construction, mining, forestry, and other industries to dig, move, and transport earth, rock, and other heavy materials. As with any heavy machinery operating in demanding conditions, excavator undercarriage parts like tracks, rollers, idlers, sprockets and carrier rollers experience a lot of wear and tear. That’s why having access to quality replacement undercarriage parts for your Foton excavator is so important.
What are Undercarriage Parts and Why Do They Need Replacing?
The undercarriage refers to the underbelly of tracked construction equipment like excavators. It consists of key components that allow the tracks to move and bear the weight of the machine, including:
- Track shoes – made of steel plates bolted together to form the continuous track loop. The rubber grousers on the track shoes provide traction and absorb shocks.
- Track rollers – wheels that guide and support the weight of the tracks and machine. Their tires absorb shock and impact.
- Carrier rollers – help distribute the weight evenly across the rest of the undercarriage.
- Idlers and sprockets – the front idler wheel and rear drive sprocket engage with and move the tracks.
- Tension mechanisms – keep the tracks at proper tension.
These parts handle the massive stresses and abrasion involved in heavy excavation work. Over time, they can wear out, crack, or break entirely. Replacing undercarriage parts as needed ensures your excavator keeps running safely and productively.
Why Choose Foton Undercarriage Parts?
Foton is a leading Chinese manufacturer of heavy machinery including excavators, wheel loaders, rollers, and forklifts. When you need to replace undercarriage parts on your Foton excavator, using genuine OEM parts offers significant advantages:
- Built to precise specifications for your make and model
- Engineered for optimal durability and performance
- Direct replacements for worn factory parts
- Avoid compatibility issues or retrofitting problems
- Keep your equipment warranties intact
- Maintain the high resale value of your excavator
Aftermarket or off-brand parts often fail to meet the same standards as OEM parts. With the amount of grueling work your undercarriage endures, you want parts made to handle the punishment. Sticking with genuine Foton undercarriage parts is your best bet.
Where to Buy Foton Excavator Undercarriage Parts
Trying to source undercarriage parts for your aging excavator can be a headache if you don’t know where to look. Here are some recommendations on where you can find quality OEM and aftermarket Foton excavator undercarriage parts:
- Your local Foton equipment dealer – They likely have an extensive OEM parts inventory and can probably special order anything else you need. However, dealer parts are often pricey.
- Online dealers – Numerous online vendors sell aftermarket Foton undercarriage parts for less. Look for dealers with big stock levels, competitive pricing, and good customer reviews.
- Direct from manufacturers – Some companies make direct OEM part replacements you can purchase online. This path can yield significant savings.
- Auctions/used parts – Consider looking for used undercarriage parts in good condition on auction sites. You can score great deals.
- International exporters – Importing undercarriage parts from China is an affordable avenue to explore. Opt for well-reviewed suppliers.
Tips for Replacing Excavator Undercarriage Parts
Doing a full undercarriage replacement or repair is no small job. Here are some tips to make the process easier and get your excavator back up and running again:
- Consult your service manual – Follow all procedures and safety precautions outlined.
- Inspect thoroughly – Note any related wear or damage to address.
- Use proper tools – Have the necessary jacks, presses, pullers, and other specialty tools on hand.
- Work cleanly – Keep the area free of dirt and debris that could contaminate components.
- Replace in sets – Swap out shoes, rollers, etc. on entire side or end for even wear.
- Check alignments – Adjust tension and track alignments within factory specifications.
- Break-in properly – Follow guidelines to avoid damage when breaking in new parts.
- Retain old parts – Keep worn parts for potential rebates, core charges, or trade-in credit.
- With the right parts and proper installation, your excavator will have a like-new undercarriage ready to withstand many more hours of digging work.